In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Kissed Dating Goodbye (Intro)


Recently since I was feeling down and not really knowing what to do..
I picked up a popular book in the Christian Bookstore I worked in..
This book is by Joshua Harris..Titled: I Kissed Dating Goodbye..
Many gave Joshua Harris feedback asking him to change the title as this title seems very extreme..and no one will wanna read..
However, the fact proved that the content of the book is much more important than the title..Thus despite those feedbacks..this book is infact selling very well..
and changed/improved lots of life of people out there..
Me..one of those who so far has benefit from this book.

I feel that I should share bit by bit of this book..so that u and I can learn this precious lesson together..

The first illustration in this book already interest me..
its an illustration about Anna's wedding day..
finally the day of her dream came..she is gonna marry this man who she is deeply in love with..
The moment came for them to make their vows..
something suddenly happened..
a girl in the congregation stood up...
walked next to the groom..
then came another..
then came another..
soon..a chain of six girls stood by him as he repeated his vows to Anna..
Tears rolled down her cheeks..
she whispered to her groom..is this a joke..
he said "I am sorry, Anna. these are the girls in my past. They mean nothing to me now..but I have given part of my heart to each of them."
Anna said "But I thot your heart is mine."
Then he said, "Now everything that is left is yours."
Tears rolled down her cheek..
Tho this was only a dream..

But how many times did we give part of our hearts to someone we thot/claim we love..
what is left for the person who u r to marry then?
Would u wanna be Anna..
What will u do..if ever such scenario happens in ur life/on ur wedding day?
Are u truthful to the one u claim to love now? How much of ur heart is left now?

Later on as we read on this book..we will discover and learn more precious lessons in life..

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.