In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Sunday, December 16, 2007

A nite out with Lh



Haven't met my buddy LiHwa for a long time..I guess two months or more..

I gave her a last min call on Fri evening after my China Trip Briefing...
Didn't wanna go back...called a few people up...
Thank God managed to persuade my buddy Lihwa to meet me for dinner.

While waiting for her to arrive... I sat by my favourite place...
Make a guess...where is this place...



Yes..this is my favourite hangout...esp with Joyce my best friend. But this day..I am alone...enjoying the beautiful nite sceneries... enjoying the lightings, the boats..siting by the riverbank...looking at the attractive reflection of the surrounding lights around Boat Quay area.. Yes. This is my favourite place. CoffeeBean outside Boat Quay by the Singapore River Bank. I enjoy this wonderful relaxing feel...esp if there is fireworks...Its even more beautiful.



I love Singapore River. A place of nice memories.
Each evening strolling by this river, helps to cast the entire day's tireness, wearies and anxiety away...



Far down the end of this river is Bank Of China's Singapore HQ. The place where I had my first permanent job ...working in the Bank (Chinese Loan's Dept..dealing with oversea loans.) The place of good and bad memories. hmm....

Finally..Lihwa reached...
We went into the 大碗粥 for their famous nice and Huge Bowl porriage.



We ordered a bowl of 3 eggs porriage...salted egg, century egg and the normal egg..with mushroom in it... and a bowl of Sheng Yu (fish) porriage with YOU TIAO and Chinese Tea... Hmm..Simple Enjoyment of Life.




Hmm...looks good huh...
hee..it is...
We spent about $30 there.

Took this chance to take a snap shot of Lihwa... cuz I told her..among my buddies..she and Gilbert's pic is not in my blog..how can..
btw CONGRATULATION TO GILBERT MY BUDDY...PROMOTED TO DADDY ALREADY last nite...Congratulation Buddy..Happy for You!

There somehow seems to have lots of babies and weddings surrounding me recently...
Well..that's good...
I am enjoying the feel of family too...esp with the return of my little brother Alex (Dingfeng) and my little niece Princess Adlynn...Oh I love it. Thank You Father in Heaven. Christmas this year is all about family..enjoying the Love of Christ (our Heavenly Father) and the love of family.

After our dinner...we stroll down the river and cross over to Timbre for a drink. Always heard about it but never been too.
Nice place..nice band..





but...I think they were having costume party or what..everyone is dressed in school uniform... But one thing that makes it looks ridiculous is...
those people wearing school uniforms are smoking and misbehaving themselves..
it looks damn awful I tell you. Esp when one guy in school uniform and shorts..taking his belt and pretending to whip a girl in another school uniform and both smoking..
Makes us feel very uncomfortable.
If you are supposed to pretend like a student and dress up like one..
at least acts like one...
very contradicting..
almost...angry till I wanna take a video shot with my hp and post on U-Tube..haiz..

However, despite all these... the Timbre is still not bad...
They have a wide range of wine/alcohol/cocktails/mocktail list...soo much to drink..but after thinking for a long time...we settled for a glass of white wine for me and a lychee martini for Lihwa..Will probably try the shots.. next visit. The thin crust pizza looks pretty good too!

So, that ends my Friday nite.

How did you spend yours?

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.