In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dare to be different

Lately I noticed a pattern forming around me, which set me thinking...

When everybody is doing something different from you which left you alone by yourself..is it better to stay as who you are or to join in the company?

My answer is: Stay true to myself & Be who I am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened was...
recently...I noticed that be it when I was clubbing with my buddies and clubbing friends..or with a group of friends/ design classmates who smokes...
since the govt started the non-smoking system in clubs and many areas...
Tho the air is fresher..but..
I was often left alone at the table while everyone went off smoke together and even friend who does not smoke will somehow went out with them to accompany them outside..leaving me all alone with their bags..or siting at the table all by myself..

Tho at the moment..I was feeling really 'outcasted' or lonely...and it set me thinking....
After thinking to myself..this is my conclusion...
I know who I am..and what my stand is.. thus..to stand up my testimony as a christian...I dare to be different.

In the same case last nite when I was with a group of friends chilling out and they suddenly asked for poker and start playing..but I made my stand that I dun touch poker..as Poker is often associated with the image of gambling, be it that you play with or without money..I dun comments on what others do..but since I make it a point not to touch poker thus..I will not even if I am the odd one out..

There is nothing wrong with games..
many doesn't understand why christian cannot gamble, or buy 4D.
All these is not written in the bible..
but..the bible teaches that we should not have greed in us.
Greed is sin. When one greed for something which doesn't belongs to us, this greed will soon take control of us making us urge for more and more..

Bible teaches us as Christian to be clear minded at all times..be in self-control.
That's why people who buys 4D will only continue to buy, even knowing that most of the time they lost..but just hoping that one day they might just be lucky enough to win. To seriously think about it like the chinese saying 十赌九输 which means out of ten times you gamble, 9 times you loss.

Just like drinking...I used to think Christian cannot drink..but as I get to look deeper into the teaching..
The bible did not say that..
In the bible, Jesus even turned the water into wine in a wedding banquet..that's the first miracle He did..
But ** Bible mentioned about not to get drunk.
When one gets drunk..or drank too much..
the alcohol takes controls...thus the person lost his/her clear mind..
many times emotions takes control...
sinful desire takes over..
that's where bad things happened..
And another thing to take into consideration is TESTIMONY..

Thus as my personal point of view..
we can drink..and chill out with friends..
BUT..DON'T GET DRUNK..
And be careful with the surrounding where you are in..
you might get yourself into trouble even if you are not drunk and someone else around you is..So...Be careful..

God teach us to clear minded..let Holy Spirit take control of us..keep us clear minded...& learn to earn honest living and be contented.
Christians has Holy spirit dwell in them to protect them, comfort them and give them warning against sins.
But if we start to ignore all these warning from the Holy spirit...
sooner and later...we become deaf to God and become slave of this world.

Only with contentment can one be truly happy and satisfy.
Who on earth will even think that he/she has earn or win enough money...
everyone just want more and more..
its like our appetite..the more you eat the more you need to eat and wanna eat. That's how people get fatter and fatter.

Thus the key is: Be contented and thankful for all that you have. Do not greed for what that is not yours. Gambling is winning others hard earn money without putting in hard work.. tho many will have their form of debates..but this is just my point.
Know what you do..Be watchful & clear minded always.

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT & BE WHO I AM.DO & STAND UP FOR WHAT U THINK IS RIGHT NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS MIGHT DO OR SAY. Its always easy to say XXXX about others..it seems to be part of human's sinful nature.

Learn to respect others. Give advises...but...Do not enforce your thots on others. Everyone has their own freedom and need to be respected. Do not mingle with others affair when it doesn't involve you.
Be who you wanna be, do what you wanna do, say what you wanna say..as long as..you know..eventually...You are responsible for all these not others.

If after considering all these and you still think you wanna do it..by all means.. Its ur life. People can give u advise. Eventually good or bad..u r the one to decide & take up the consequence.
Right?

I am just a humble me...sharing my little thots and learning what I share in my little space here too...

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.