In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Magic Flute


Thanks to Frank, I got to watch this wonderful opera on the movie screen in vivo city. The Magic Flute is a wonderful Musical Opera with great music composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

The music was so nice and suits the entire musical opera that makes me think..wow..it must really be written specially for it.(cuz I didnt really have much knowledge in this area.)

The casts have fantastic voices which many times even tho in the cinema..it really makes me feel like standing up and give them applause..Bravos..
Surprising the one which caught most of my attention is the Queen of the Night, she holds the role very well. Tho she might look slim yet her voice shakes the entire place..powerful and prefect pitch..
sorry cuz I am more of the person towards vocal so can only comments on that..as for music-wise its not my scope/strength..

I love the cute Papageno, the bird-catcher..(except that his lying character.) I was capture by his very fun and expressive character and great voice..
As for the Prince..(He didn't bring out the character too well.)Sad to say, I didn't think much of him in the first place..as he doesnt have much facial expression on him in the beginning...its towards the end..and things got better. But His voice is pretty good..
Sarastro has impressed me, his powerful Bass voice and the way he carry himself..he carries the role very well..tho he doesnt need lots of expression but as compared to the prince...he won my vote..hahaha..
Princess Pamina, sweet and appeared "confidence" but not enough to catch much of my attention/focus.
The three ladies-in-waiting: voice blends very well..interesting character, very artistic..like three spirit kind..
Papagena: interesting character, lively performance..

CHARACTERS
SARASTRO, High Priest of Isis: Bass
TAMINO, an Egyptian Prince: Tenor
PAPAGENO, a bird-catcher: Baritone
ASTROFIAMMANTE, Queen of the Night:Soprano
PAMINA, her daughter: Soprano
MONOSTATOS, a Moor, chief slave of the temple: Baritone
PAPAGENA: Soprano
Three Ladies-in-Waiting to the Queen; Three Youths of the Temple; Priests, Priestesses, Slaves, etc.


To listen to a little part of the singing by papageno and papagena go to the link here http://www.evermore.com/azo/96season/flute.wav
----------------------------------------------------------

To read more on The Magic Flute Synopsis check out the website here. http://www.music.sfasu.edu/prospective_students/voice_opera/magic_flute_synopsis.html

Overall, I enjoyed the show, tho I was quite confused and didn't like the prince character as he doesnt show forth any urge to rescue the princess..to a point tho he claim he love the princess..but I cannot sense that his bravery to save the princess..I sort of think he is like a coward..till the end of the show when he was ask to go into the test of fire and cold..then can I see his determination.
This is kind of fairytale drama...story line..not attractive. But the muscial, vocal and acting wise winnings it all..
So..overall..a great show!

Thanks,
Angel

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.