In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Sunday, February 10, 2008

4th Day of CNY

Today is the 4th day of Lunar New Year (CNY). Its also sunday thus its a day to be back to church to worship God and spend quality time with God our Creation and Provider, reviewing the past, confessing our sins and giving thanks for the blessings and grace for the past year and the year ahead.

Its been our church's tradition to put our offerings in red packets before we put it in the offering bag during our service for Chinese New Year, as we are pretty traditional Chinese Church. We even got two mandarin Orange to bring back each.

After service, our YF (Youth Fellowship) went to Jason and Cat's house (Which is Jason's Grandparent's house in Hougang) for Chinese New Year Visitation.
I took a ride from Jason to reach his place.

We were all hungry when we reached his house cuz our service started at 10am instead of 11am today. Some of us din have our breakfast I guess, like me. Thank God there was Chinese New Year goodies and we just help ourselves to it while waiting for Pizzas and Chicken wings to arrive. Finally the food came at 1pm...Can't wait...helped myself with the food first..hahaha..






We then sit around the table to catch up..Let's see who were there, Jason & Cat of cuz, Nic & Emily, Moses & Grace, Helen & Linglee, David & May & their son Declan, Jimmy, Rongfa, Shuxian & her hubby, Jason's little cousin, Cat's Mum, Jason's parents and grandparents and last but not least...ME..hahaha..




Rongfa, our best cook cum baby-sitter..hahaha..with Baby Declan.


Cheryl and Jason's Mum (Cat's Mother-in-Law) with Declan.
Jason's family members from his grandparents to his sister are all very humble, nice friendly and warm people. Always makes people feel so welcome! =) Thank God for wonderful people like them.

(Declan-David & May's son is such a handsome and good boy, everyone is just so tempted to carry him..hahaha..)

I was wearing Qi-Pao today..the traditional chinese dress with high collar..but mine isn't totally traditional..as the bottom of the dress is more modern instead of the high slit. I actually bought that dress two years ago for last year new year but din managed to find it..misplace it. And I remember clearly, when I bought it I fit in the dress Jusssssst...Niceee.... but today after I put it on..its actually loose..
however, everyone told me its nice and looks nice on me...fits me very well and comfortably...Cuz I lost 4kg as compared to last year or last last year. Basically I am a balloon..I gain and lost weight up to 4kg easily within a few days..

After Jason's house, I took a ride from May and David to go home take an hour's nap as I invited Chew, Melissa & their kids (my 3 godchildren) to my house for New Year Visitation. They came over at about 6.30pm. We sat in my living room and chit chat as the kids watched TV programmes... and help me to clear some of those delicious new year goodies I bought. I told them the new year goodies me and my family bought are yummy just that not much people came over only my relatives..so there's still plenty. Good thing the kids can help me to eat some..its a waste not to have people eating them when they are yummy..

I invited them into my room and they liked my room and say its so cozy..and comfortable...hee...great effort..hahaha..The kids like my room too..as they explore my room and my stuff..hahaha..





Melissa say, "Wow..you still have a huge tv for yourself..and its so cozy here.." hee..I told her ya..basically..its too comfortable here to go anywhere else in the house. Most of the time my family members will just tuck themselve into my room onto my bed and we watch tv and sit on my bed to chat together...its so cozy and comfortable.. :)

Then we flipped thru some of the old pics we took years back esp when the kids of really small. I even showed them those in my photo frame which I have in my room. Melissa told the kids..telling them ..see Gan ma (god ma) put so many pics of your guys in her room..more than mummy..hahaha... :P

Its a wonderful time we have together..
Time flies..its time for them to go home as tomorrow we will all be back to work..
but HEY...Chinese New Year is not over yet..

Chinese New Year has 15 days...so there are 11 more days to go..you are welcome to pop by my house to visit during the next 11 days..just give me a call okie.. hee..

Happy New Year! And yes...let's prepare our hearts to get back to work tomorrow.
Tomorrow is the brand new start for a brand new lunar year!
All the Best!
May you enjoy God's blessing and grace every day of your life. Amen!

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.