In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Thursday, February 7, 2008

2008 CNY DAY1



"恭喜发财,红包拿来!"
hee..Still remember..we used to say this jokingly when we were young..(For those who doesn't read Chinese..this phrase meanings..Congrate and wishing you Prosperous and give me Red Packet).

Its our culture and custom for the married ones to give red packet with money - dollars in multiples of 2 like $2, $4, $6, $8, $10, $50 etc.
Thus as long as you are not marry..you are entitled to that. But if you are married you have to give red packet to the single ones and the babies esp. So if you have a baby, you sort of earn it back a little..hahaha..

Ok let me wish you all..

新年蒙恩又蒙福!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Its really a blessing to be a chinese, cuz we have two new years to celebrate.

I love Chinese New Year and always enjoys Chinese New Year.
I used to have phobia like many single people do...
afraid to face the questions of when are you getting married..when are you finding a boyfriend..dun be so chosey..and weirdest of all is they say "I always see you with different men." Which is really strange...I never even notice I am always with different guys. Ha..I think they probably saw me and another guy but didn't see that there is the guy's wife also hahaha..as most of my guy friends are married and even have children.

I love Chinese New Year becuz its the time for me to do fashion show. Since young, Chinese New Year is the only occasion I specially dress up and be different from people. Most well-dress and outstanding among the crowd.
Each time I enters a house or meets my relatives, aunties and uncles..they will say one thing for sure...Wow! You look beautiful! Always look so beautiful and outstanding. Getting prettier and prettier...(hee...which woman doesn't like such compliment right? hee..)

This year my cousin of my same age actually gave me a red packet (ang bao) which I say paisay lah...then she say..then faster get married lor... hee..I just smile at her. And my sister say..aiyah good mah..then we can continue to take ang bao..hahaha..And I say yah lor..hahaha.. :P (naughty right???) hee..

I spent lots of time with little princess (my niece today).. as usual...carry her..change her nappy...feed her...and then pet her to sleep...
But little princess today refuse to sleep on the bed..instead only wants to sleep on my shoulder...like this...





hee..managed to take some snap shot of her sleeping on my shoulder..see how sound asleep she is...while I just lay up against my pillow and watch tv...

Finally around evening we managed to leave the house to visit my favourite grandma.
I love my grandma very much and she loves me very much...

but she is pretty weak nowadays...getting thinner and thinner...can't really walk..
And she starts to forget things and people..so each time we visit..we will ask her who we are...she has about ten children..and many many grandchildren..but most of the time she only remembers me and my dad..my aunties and uncles always say that my grandma dotes me most..cuz I am filiar to her..when I am just trying to do what I can to help.. But seriously I have been too busy to visit her as often as I used to..
Still she is my favourite grandma..
We managed to take a family pic with my grandma at her place just now. (Just my family with my grandma.)



My grandma is the first christian in our BIG FAMILY.

My 弟弟, youngest brother Ding Feng got better today. His fever subsided. So we managed to get him to join us to visit my mum's side and my dad's side.
But poor him...cuz he is still having sore throat and he had to try all our weird remedy for his sore throat and fever..Hmm..he is a good boy tho..just did all that we recommend. Let's just pray that he will get well very soon to enjoy this new year with us.

My sister and Me took pics with Ding Feng (with his new (N.S) look...)




Hmm..this little brother has grown so tall...
Each time I see him..he just get taller...

Thereafter, we went home cuz all my relative came over to our place for New Year Visitation...they then ask us to join them to my Aunt Eline's house but we were too tired...hee..

Its bed time now...
Nite nite..

Hope you had a great and wonderful Chinese New Year Day 1 too!

Oh and here...I managed to capture little princess MILLION DOLLAR SMILE while her daddy which is my elder brother plays with her.. Sandra will know what I mean..hee...(a hard to get smile..hee)






This is my sister-in-law and my niece,her daughter. :)

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.