In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why always sick?

I used to get upset whenever people ask me this question "Why are you always sick?"
But today..I wasn't..

As I analyze and explained patiently to another friend who is concern, he got the answer.

Since birth, my blood is too "yellowish"...according to mum, doctor changed the entire blood in my body, which explains the scars on my elbows and ankles..unlike some who are not that serious.

I grew up healthily with that blood in me...till 1992 I was hit by dengue fever (the deadly virus by tiny mosquito) which almost ended my life according to Doctor.. as they info my family that I was at the last stage and be ready for my good-bye to this world. Its thru prayer and petitions to God, that God did a miracle which miraculously pulled me back from the edge of the valley of death..which that's why Psalm 23 relates to me very well... As I walked thru the valley of death..

Its indeed a great life-time experience which changed my life entirely.
I become more devote Christian and start serving in Church since then as I told God to give me a chance to live a better christian life for Him, serve Him and witness for Him. That explains why I keep mentioning about God in my blog even with my friends. I remembered my first boyfriend to be was a non-christian..he told me he loves me but becuz he is not a christian -tho trying hard to be one but couldn't get over his mind..he told me that Christianity is what keeps us away as I only accept Christian as my partner tho he is a great guy till now.. but he also said that its the christianity in me which attracts him to me.. if he takes away the christianity in me, he might no longer be in love with me. Every sentence I say cannot leave God.
Well..anyway..that's just something additional to share with u guys..he is still my good friend and a father of 2 already. Still a great man.

Back to where I was..since dengue fever, tho I survive but it collapse my entire body system. I became weak and gets sick easily. Its got nothing to do with eat or whatever I do. Its in the blood. Many just do not understand and keep throwing such questions to me. I am already thankful that I can live and work like a normal person. And still cheerful and busy with life as u can see. That's why mum is always worry about me getting busy. She has been thru those terrible times with me...be it my changing of blood or be it the dying stage of dengue fever..washing her face with tears each day...looking at me becoming like skeleton each day..not able to eat and drink..only vomit..suffering in needles pains all over my body..

But friends, I didn't blame God for all these. In fact, I am thankful for all those healthy years I have since the change of blood till before I was hit by dengue fever. And even now..I might be a little sick here and there but nothing too serious happening... So next time buddy when anyone ask about "Why is Angeline always sick?" I believe you can explain on my behalf with a heart of mercy and grace.
If not get them to refer to this part of my blog why always sick?

Last but not least re: why always sick? Sick is not a choice. Who enjoy being Sick unless he/she is SICK up there..
I always think when answering a question like this...why is it that people can only feel the pain when their child is sick or they themselve are sick. Am I not my mum's daughter? Am I not a human too which people should at least have a heart of sympathy.
For those who are concern..I believe you will get your rewards...For God sees the heart.

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.