In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The vegetable which gets me nuts

What things will get u Nuts or Crazy?

Maybe its hard for you to believe..
I go nuts...whenever it comes to this vegetable...

Today I had this dish which brought back some nice memories during my high school days..
During my school days...I am in pretty good terms with all the aunties in the canteen..
thus its always a headache which stall to patronize..

Thus whenever that Yong Tau Foo stall has it on her menu that day...the stall owner will never forget to info me so that I will buy from her that day..hahaha..

For those who are non-Singaporean probably you might not know what Yong Tau Foo is..
Its basically cooking a mixed of vegetables or fishball, sotong balls etc and noodles which you chose over hot water or soup..and then..add in soya bean soup or you can eat it dry with chilli sauce and the special sweet sauce...

Hmmm..taste really yummy... esp if they use the soya bean to cook the soup..it will taste really sweet..some doesn't use soya bean and used ikan billies instead.

As I was eating it today...using the same old way which I used to in school putting the cut vegetable in my spoon...add a few drops of chilli and sweet sauce over it and soak with some soup..yummy yum yum.



Know what is the vegetable which makes me go nuts? hee...
Its Ladies finger..

This stall at Funan Centre Food court sells pretty good Yong Tau Foo tho it cost about $5 but the soup base..trust me is yummy...(soya bean soup base). So next time if you dunno what to eat at Funan..go the the foodcourt upstair to eat Yong Tau Foo..or their Pepper Express ..its cheaper by a few dollars there compare to other branches...and yummy..

Hope you had a great dinner too..

Food is always the best way to destress and enjoy..oneself..hee..thus I am very particular about food..

Talking about that...
I slimmed down during my 8 days in China..cuz all the food there is either too salty..sweet..oily or tasteless...

Thus I am really grateful that I am back here again..eating so many yummy food..
my sis saw me eat just few days ago..she got a shock..becuz I ate alot and the way I eat..tells her just how unsatisfied I was with the food in China..hahaha..

But...the trip was still wonderful....isn't it Joyce..?
its really quite an experience...
:) Ahh.....

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.