In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Thursday, April 24, 2008

Poor Busy Sad Singaporean

Sociology of Human Behavior Lecturer said..Singaporean are sad people.

From the way they walk, they look when they are on the way to work..and after work..
How many Singaporean are truly happy?

Each morning we wake up..we start to worry about $$...bills....
we work for the sake of $$...
how many actually love their jobs and look forward to working????
We worked long hours..just to earn enough $$ to pay for our daily expense...esp when everything seems to increase in their price nowadays..
standard of living is very high now in S'pore...
even the price of rice increase...noodles increase...busfare, taxifare, train fare..everything increase...but one thing never increase...
U know what is it?

Its our pay...
We worked long hours..yet not well paid..
Everyone is working for the sake of paying off their bills...and to live a decent life.

How many of u can actually get to go home at 5pm on the dot and sit in the living room..reading newspaper..enjoying time with family..having proper dinner at home?

Nowadays everyone is either working O.T or taking up additional jobs..part time or freelance..just to live a slightly more comfortable life..so that we dun have to thrift on the food we eat or live an even more miserable life.

Everyone is busy earning $$ and going after paper qualification like myself...so that we can live a more comfortable life...be it for now or future..
Time doesn't seems to be enough for us even to take a decent break or sit back and relax and enjoy the fruits of our hardwork.

I took these pics just now after my class..just to show you what kind of life Singaporean are living right now.



On every thursday nite...at 10.20pm...you still see..crowds(not much smile on their face as usual...be it anytime of the day...) in the train stations..
people who just finished work...people who just finished attending courses..and whatever classes it might be...
How many are there left resting at home at this late hours?
So..if you think Singapore is much a better place...hmm...think about it again..
To me..everywhere is the same. Its all within u.

Some say..living outside Singapore is better..while others say..Singapore is still better...
Each has his/her own saying...
The key to all these is contentment.
Don't compare yourself to others..
There are always people who seems more "lucky" than us..getting jobs with higher pay..jobs which seems easier..but in true fact..no one actually knows..how much the others have put in to gain what they gain right now.

No doubt there are people who seems more blessed...but what can u do about it?

Well..just know what you want for yourself..
Set a goal for yourself...know what you want to achieve and work out how you can achieve it. Go for it..work even harder...but important thing is BE HAPPY WITH UR DECISION..EVEN IF ITS ALOT OF HARDWORK.

I am Happy as compare to the ME in the past. Cuz I know what I want and how I wanna achieve it...
I am happily working hard tho struggling to get myself on the track..
And I am contented with whatever I have now...
just that I know I can be better and do better...
To maximise what God has inbuilt in me...
That's what I want for myself.

Its not about what others want for me.
Not what this world wants for me.
Not comparing myself to others.
Cuz everyone is made differently.
Each of us are uniquely created.

My point is...Be contented with what u have..and be happy. Go for what you want to achieve with a joyful heart no matter how hard it might seems to be. Just FOCUS at ur goal.

Cheers :)

With love,
Angeline

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.