In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Saturday, March 1, 2008

Life is like an adventure..

Since its a weekend, I decided that I should be even happier..thus I went to the 'posh restaurant' which I previously mentioned..and treat myself to some nice shortcakes & a cup of coffee..

As the food arrived...I started to analyse the presentation of the shortcakes and coffee served and this is my conclusion...

No doubt its just shortcakes & coffee..BUT...........the presentation makes a Great Different.


The restaurant puts in creativity & efforts to make sure that each customer feels important.
You may ask..how do I know...
well...check out the presentation and tell me how you feel?
Don't you feel good after such food has been served to you?


Me? I feel GREAT!
That's the best thing I love about this restaurant.
Don't you agree?

Now..after I have happily enjoyed the meal...I decided that I should continue to make this day special...
and so...I decided to take my feet to an adventure.
Hmm...So..what did I do?

I took a long...walk...from Clarke Quay to Somerset.....
Well...you may say.."It should be pretty near or Oh dear..that's far...are you crazy??"

Hmm..

Its not about the distance actually...

Its about..challanging oneself to take an unknow route to reach the destination which one has set...(To discover new lessons in life...)

I have no idea...where somerset really is..from Clarke Quay...

All I know is that I could seen the tip of the Singtel Building (ComCentre) which Dan works...from the starting point...
And so...I followed my instinct and go by faith...

In fact as I started to travel on..I could no longer see that building anymore...
and to a point of time..I even doubt if that is the Singtel building at Somerset...

Along the way...I got overwhelmed by the new sights..nervous and worried about what I might meet on the way...and what if I lost my way....(Then I told myself..."hey I am in Singapore..how lost can I be???"

The sky started to get darker as I travelled on...
I saw buses along the way which seems to be telling me to hop on and just go home...

Then there was road construction..and the road got smaller and longer....

I seem lost for a moment...and almost wanna give up....
but I told myself that maybe just a little longer...I could reach the destination..
and whether or not that's the destination (singtel building at somerset)..I would eventually known if I reach there.
And so..I persisted on...

Finally...after walking for 35mins...I reached the destination..and......
YES!!! Its the singtel building in Somerset.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lessons which I learnt from this little adventure are:

Life is like this little adventure...

Not knowing what is ahead..or how the route goes....we just travel on by faith...

Nervous as we could be...
Overwhelmed as we could be...
Worried as we could be...
We still have to keep going..till we finally reached the destination set..

Tho there are times we feel like giving up...
as...Road seems never ending....or even smaller and longer....
but....surprises are waiting along the way...

Sometimes..there seems to be road construction which hinders us, causing delays and even detour..

But...we will finally reach the goal if we persist on..

Its not about the matter about time..but...how we persist on..not giving up hope and faith.

Interesting...isn't it?

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.