In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How to spend your off day wisely..

Today is once again my off day..
I needed it seriously...
after being busy for past few days...
I need enough sleep..

Didn't really sleep well cuz my sister who has been suffering from insomia for past few days came into my room asking for permission to sleep in my room with me last nite..

I was worrying the whole nite if she can sleep well...like a mum...I woke up a few times in the middle of the nite to check if she managed to get to sleep..
Even lent her my expensive special pillow which I bought from Silk factory which has this 'thing' in it which can help one to sleep well..Not sure if its true but I think i not longer have insomia at least from what I know after using this pillow..
I hope this pillow can help her to sleep well last nite.

She rushed off to work this morning..forgot her wallet and keys..haiz..
hahaha..
----------------------------------------------------------

so much about her..
now let'see..the theme for today is how to spend your off day wisely..
I set a goal for today to use the cheapest way to have a happy off day...

Started off with a nice cheap lunch at the coffee shop near my place.
Order a plate of $2.00 fried wan ton noodles and a glass of Teh-O. Told myself..its my off day..so..no rushing my meals..just sit back relax and eat slowly..enjoy my meal and be satisfied..and sure I did.

After Lunch I went to POSB to get my atm card changed cuz its torn..haha used too much..

Got home about 1plus did 3 rounds of laudries..can imagine how many clothes are accumulated.. of cuz not just my clothes..its my family's clothings..

Then got online did a little research on others web site design..and check on the chinese version of the web site I finally got it done up and put up last nite..to see if its running okie..Looks simple and good.


After that, I read a little of my study notes of what I was taught on Mon's class on QMIM and a few short articles on my Favourite Books 《Attitudes affect altitude》 《态度决定你的高度》 (施以诺)- A famous doctor cum writer - I highly recommended his books..helped me over my hard times..and built me into a better person. Next is a book 《Joy For A Woman's Soul》《简单的喜乐》.



At 3.30pm took a break..to enjoy my childhood favourite even till now...Chinese Cup Cakes which I bought during my lunch at coffee shop.
Since when I was a little girl, I love to eat things with many colours..and this is one of them..esp when its hot..


Thus I steamed it up and made myself a cup of Chinese tea - Long Jin Cha to go with it. Hmm...yummy....

This is really an easy way to be happy and contented...without spending too much money..hee...

While happily occupying myself with all these...I suddenly noticed..someone has been watching me all these while behind my pillow...
hmm....

Who is it???
Haha...


Its Mr Bear...
He looks so funny...when I saw him at this position...and so I quickly took my Hp and took down this pic..hahaha..
After tea..its time for my favourite Korean Series...watched the 青蛙王子拜金女 again..picked out the series which they will be showing tonite and watch in details without skipping much this time..


---------------------------------------------------------------

Its dinner time, Boy Boy (my little brother) came back from his Airforce School..
we went out for dinner at another coffeeshop nearby...
I had Roast chicken with rice and Ice Lemon Tea..
'Boy Boy' has chicken noodles...and Ice Lemon Tea..
I like this kind of Ice tea..taste really good...




Then we went to the Pet shop nearby to get a packet of expensive Dog food and a packet of expensive Cat food...
While I am taking a long time to pick what to buy...cuz very expensive must choose properly..Boy Boy actually attracted the pet shop's dog and cat to play with him..
really can't stand it..
esp the dog..looks so comfortable lying on Boy Boy's feet..so I quickly took out my hp again and 'click' goes my camera..


Hahaha..

The shop owner was kind enough to give me some discount..as she probably heard my grumbling to my little brother that its so expensive..esp when I have two dogs and a cat to feed..aiyo.."Heart pain" lah..
haha..

Came back just a while ago..time to write my blog and then continue to work on the other two pages of the English version of the web page..on that same project..
very time consuming...

okie..and so..that's how one can spend a happy, fruitful yet cheap off day. Key to it is..Contentment. Contentment to simplicity = Happiness.
=))

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.