In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Sunday, August 26, 2007

Missing those days in Australia


Today, I had lunch with my buddies & their children, i.e. my 2 godsons & my sweeeet god daughter...

We went to Singpost at Paya Lebar and had Long John Silver together..
Its the first time we had fast food together since they moved back from Brisbane in Australia..

I was telling Melissa it reminds me of us eating at Mcdonalds in Brisbane together....and how much I missed those happy time in Brisbane with them..living with them for ten days...experience their local life with them...waking up at 7am in the morning..preparing breakfast and sending the kids to school and then to their foodstore in the city...those were the happy times...
Sandra and I went out each day together...exploring Brisbane..and Melissa even took us and the boys by train to Goldcoast for shopping and surfer paradise..Wow..missed those wonderful times together...
Back then my god sons' school was so huge..like a forest...as they brought me around their school campus...
I remember buying and sourcing for chinese grocery in Brisbane...like beancurb which is so common in Singapore..cannot be easily found...only in Chinese store down in Chinatown in Brisbane...
And i cooked their favourite hot & Spicy soup for them..cuz they missed it..

I remember teaching and flying paper planes which I bought from Singapore in their backyard...and doing BBQ and frying beef steak with Butter for them to eat..and together with my mum's home-made chillie...yummy yum yum..

Oh those were the wondeful time...I so missed those time..
Yes like Frank...whenever I travel...I love to experience their local lifestyle..unlike others..going for shopping only...nope
I rather take my time to experience their everyday life than shopping..never like to be rush...experiencing their local life is more precious than anything else..

Time flies...5 years passed..they have moved back to Singapore and all thanks to them that I had such wonderful sketches in Brisbane...

Angel
p.s. Pic above is the pic taken with my god daughter during May's wedding last nov. I helped my god daughter to doll up like a little princess...all the youth was grabbing her to take pic...calling her Precious Moment...saying she looks like one...ya..she is a sweetie...Even Bill (when he visited our church months ago) can't help but to play with her (pretending to offer to shake her hand when she stretch out, he pulled his hand back again..he did it twice making my dear so shy...and I told Bill hey dun disturb her..and we had to assure her that Bill will definitely shake her hand this time then she finally pick up the courage to shake his hand..hee....)

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.