In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9



Thursday, May 1, 2008

Insomia Bug

Remember I wrote in my blog last nite that I am very tired and wanna go to sleep..
Thereafter I off the light..tuck myself in bed...telling myself...I am very tired and I wanna sleep...

However, there came Mr Insomia Bug which keeps me awake the entire nite again till I realised its morning again..
Ring.................goes my alarm.........(7.30am)
Ring...................goes my 2nd alarm............(7.45am)
Ring......................there goes my 3rd alarm..........(8am)
Boy oh Boy..there goes my sleep.............
told myself...okie...just take a little nap....before I pull myself off bed......
A little shut of my eyes............Mr Minute hand ran so fast...Its 8.25am.........Can't sleep anymore...or I will be late and get myself into trouble again....Yes its not easy esp to be under Woman superior...

I told my classmate just now that Woman superior in fact will treat guys better than women...as today's topic is on Gender & Race...
The men disagree but my lady classmate agreed.
I said that from a woman's perspective.
I told the guys you guys might think that lady superior is hard and very difficult to work under....but seriously....lady superior overall still treat guys better than ladies in the same dept...no matter how bad you think she is treating you (man).

When lecturer ask..how many likes to work under a lady boss or superior...No one raise the hand...cuz everyone has bad experience....

I told my classmate...if I am gonna be a boss....I will not treat my staff that way...cuz I don't like to be treated that way. I am confident in that area...based on how I patiently share my knowledge with all those new staff in my present company and my ex-companies. I believe that if you becomes a people person....staff under you will be willing to work even harder for you and try to make things right for you as esp when they know you cares for them and want the best for them.

Even my printers who help me with my printing...know that I am a very nice person or working partner esp if they were to take printing jobs from me after I design certain products.....

I always tell them.....I have confidence in you guys...(giving them the trust and confidence).

& even if things didn't turn out as good as I want...(which I will feel dissapointed).....the most I will make it known to them and tell them the area which they can improve for the next round. Unless its really very bad..then they will have to do something...which they will always do something about it..cuz they won't want to get me into any trouble...

By doing so...people treat you as their friends and they are willing to make sure they will do a better job for you the next time round.

This is something which I learnt from the Bible. Love others as yourself. And do to others what you would want them do unto you. So if I expect others to treat me nice and teach me patiently....tell me patiently...knowing only if people teach me patiently and clearly can I learnt better and faster...likewise...I will do this to others.

I have bad experience (treatment) with my primary school teacher...
I was 'mistreat' by her...and very hurt......
Thus from that experience...I told myself......I will never be a teacher like her. If I were to be a teacher...I will be a patient, caring and loving teacher. Which is what I lived up to since I started teaching......since ten over years ago..be it in Church or Child care. Of cuz there are times I might lost a little control...but..never too much...thus..I am still well-like by all my students..hee.
Cuz they know I truly love them.

Even the 'naughtiest' boy in the school whom I used to give tuition to.......
The parents and school think he is hopeless...........
He actually changed and improved after I gave him tuition....
Tho he only managed to pass his subjects.....but what is more important is......
From a boy who was asked to see his parents everyday by the school....
one who cheat and even change his exam result in school..........
He became a gentle....understanding boy...
I remember..when I decided to stop giving him tuition..back then....he wrote me a note which even tho it was many years back.....I can remember roughly. It touches my heart sooo sooo much.

He wrote in that paper (I think I mentioned in my blog before)..
"Teacher Angie, I like you. You never scold me or beat me when I am naughty or bad. You only explain to me and ask me to pray to Jesus. Can you stay and teach me? Yes or No. Pls circle it."
He was Primary 4 back then.

You must have asked...so did I stay? Nope I didn't. Cuz I think he has already improved in his character which is the most important. Now he needs someone to help him to improve more in his grades.
His parents were very grateful to me...and brought him to my workplace to visit me every now and then.

Its not me who has changed him. Its Jesus our Lord who changed this boy who everyone think he is hopeless. With Jesus and the love of God, the 'hopeless' become hopeful. What I did was only to share the words and love of God to him.
Help him to figure out an easier way to understand and improve his English & Math...and other subjects too.

I told his parents(non christian)...only Jesus our God can change your son. Let me bring him to my church and teach his bible stories..and see how God will change your son.
And they let me do it..becuz they know that there is really nothing else they can do to this mischievous son.

Thus everything in this life happens for a reason. Esp things which seens to be bad at a certain time..and which we could not understand why.
Remember...everything is in the perfect will of God. He works in way we cannot see..for the good of those who love Him and He loves.

So...open your heart and take up your courage to experience the most out of this life. Do your sketches and discover the beauty of this life.

Cheers,
Nite
God bless.

Angeline

No comments:

.......................MORE ABOUT ME................................

Wanna know more abt me??? Let's see...
I'm mostly Rachel
You are a dreamer, have a really good heart and are a lot smarter than people think you are! Being one of the most attractive people in your social circle makes you very popular with the opposite sex and you have no problem getting dates. You may have been spoiled as a rich kid, but the real world has taught you independence and responsibility. Plus you have an amazing sense of style and you are cool and sexy; but that doesn’t mean you don’t know how to appreciate what’s truly important in life-because you do.
I also have some Ross in me
You're the smartest person in your social circle, and have big goals in life. You may have a little trouble getting dates with attractive members of the opposite sex, but you are very passionate about your partner. You often feel insecure in a relationship and most of your relations end awkwardly. Some people may think you are a little dull and too practical, but you are just being a responsible and mature person. When you feel like it, you can certainly take the stick out of your butt and have a great time.